I would like to start off by thanking all of the students who auditioned for this year’s fall play. Over thirty talented students auditioned, which made casting decisions not easy.
If you would like to participate with crew, please sign up with Mr. Burch starting next Tuesday.
Click Here to view the cast light.
Tomorrow from 3:30 to 6:00 PM, audition for the fall play will be held in the GHS auditorium. If you have not signed up for an audition time, please see Mr. Burch tomorrow during lunch.
- Please show up to your audition 25 minutes before your scheduled time. During this time you will be given the selection of dialogue that you will read for auditions. This is what we call a “cold read.”
- To learn how to ace a cold read audition, watch this video.
- You do not need to prepare a monologue.
- Please fill out an audition application BEFORE your audition. Click Here for an audition application
- If needed, callbacks will be held Tuesday, August 27th from 4:00 to 4:30. It is your responsibility to check if your name is on the callback list. The list will be posted on Mr. Burch’s door and the Drama club board on the high school side Wednesday morning.
- Please do not run or make a disturbance in the hallway prior to or after your audition. Failing to follow the rules could cause a detriment to your audition.
After the third day of school, I am proud to be back for another year with Goochland County Public Schools. The Goochland Drama Department has many new and exciting events happening, and I can not wait to get started!
- Spring Musical: Anything Goes
- April 4 & 5 @ 7:00 PM and April 6 @ 2:30 PM
- Fall Play Auditions: Monday, August 26, 2013 from 3:30 to 6:00 PM
- First Thespian Meeting, Tuesday August 26, 2013 from 3:30 to 4:30 PM
- GHS Fine Arts NYC Trip Meeting, September 4 from 6:00 to 7 PM
I look forward to a brand new school year! See you all soon!